What doesn't work on desktop FreeBSD ? (ex Webcams)

Xn Nooby xnooby at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 11:33:19 PST 2006

I bought a QuickCam Orbit MP, which I apparently must use under Windows (or
Linux).  From what I've seen online, not many (if any), people are using
webcams under FreeBSD.  I was curious if there were other things that also
were not realistic to do (I'm not complaining).

Some of the things that do work are my soundcard, nVidia card, gigabit NIC,
opengl games, wine, accelerated qemu, hp inkjet printer, and lots of
wonderful free software.  Qemu nullified my need for VMWare (though I own
5.5 for win and linux). OpenOffice, Abiword, and Firefox with flash and java
works.   Lots of stuff works.

I'm just curious if I am going to hit any roadblocks down the road.

(Maybe there is a way to get my Quickcam to work using the RH
8.0compatibilty layer)

thank!