best approach to clone a disk?

Joe Auty joe at netmusician.org
Tue Feb 14 08:49:08 PST 2006

Okay,

In taking the advice of an earlier poster in suggesting that the
instructions located here:

http://www.unixcities.com/howto/

Are rather old, allow me to make my question a little broader in scope:

What is the best way to clone a disk in FreeBSD? Do you have any step-
by-step instructions? The instructions I used above (even replacing
the restore -r flag with a -x) produced a core dump.

Can I use DD on two disks of different size? Do you recommend Ghost
for Unix? Any other suggestions or recommendations should the dump
command just not work for me?

Thanks in advance!

Joe Auty
NetMusician: web publishing software for musicians
http://www.netmusician.org
joe at netmusician.org