IPFILTER rule error

Maxim Vetrov muxas at mail.ru
Tue Feb 14 06:58:50 PST 2006

Hi,

Sorry, I really do not want you to guess! Here is what you asked:

kernel conf:
options        IPFILTER
options        IPFILTER_LOG
#options        IPFILTER_DEFAULT_BLOCK
#options        IPSTEALTH

rc.conf:
ifconfig_rl0="inet 10.0.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.248"
ipnat_enable="YES"
ipfilter_enable="YES"
ipmon_enable="YES"

services:
sunrpc          111/tcp    rpcbind      #SUN Remote Procedure Call
sunrpc          111/udp    rpcbind      #SUN Remote Procedure Call

ipf.rules:
block in log on rl0 all head 20
block out log on rl0 all head 25

pass in quick on rl0 \
  proto tcp/udp from any to any port = sunrpc keep state group 20
pass in quick on rl0 \
  proto tcp/udp from any to any port = 717 keep state group 20
pass out quick on rl0 \
  proto udp from any to any port = 111 keep state group 20

Steps to load the rules:
>ipf -Fa
>ipf -f /etc/ipf.rules
1:ioctl (add/insert rule): No such process

And there is one more problem - despite that I have packet logging
enabled by default (-Ds) through syslogd, log is empty!

syslog.conf:
security.*      /var/log/security
That file exists and have root rw permissions.

If this help: after I'd moved to 6.0 from 5.4
(backup-format-install-restore), this config stopped to work. I know
that I'm doing something wrong but what exactly?

Regards,
Muxas