Unable to install libwww (Perl) on FBSD 5.4

Foo Ji-Haw jhfoo at nexlabs.com
Tue Feb 14 01:20:53 PST 2006

Hi all,

I've not no problems installing most of the applications on FBSD 5.4. But I'm stuck with this one:

Some background:
1. Just cvsupped 5 min ago
2. 5.4 OS
3. Using Perl 5.8.6

I'm trying to install ports/www/p5-libwww/, but in all the dependencies that it tries to install, it always die on the same part of the error:

perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
        LC_ALL = (unset),
        LANG = "en_EN.ISO8859-1"
===>  Building for p5-Net-1.19,1
0: not found
*** Error code 127

I've had this for p5-URI, p5-Net, p5-Compress-Zlib.
In the end, I installed the package instead:
pkg_add -r libwww

Running a test script that includes LWP::UserAgent, I get this warning message;
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
        LC_ALL = (unset),
        LANG = "en_EN.ISO8859-1"

Can anyone tell me how to get around this error/ warning? Thanks.