Sendmail - IMAP-UW - Cyrus-SASL2 - SMTPAUTH problems

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Tue Feb 14 00:34:37 PST 2006

I'm sure glad that this message didn't pass through my work mailserver
so that it's didn't see it, since my work e-mail inbox has 16383 messages
in it  (the limit that Outlook can display in IMAP mode) and is 412
megabytes
in size, and performance is perfectly fine both with Outlook and
Horde/IMP.

I wouldn't want my mailserver reading it and thinking that it's OK to
slack off.

  And yes I know I need to delete
some messages, speak to the hand if your going to make that crack.

This is imap-uw/sendmail.

Perhaps you might consider that since you haven't run imap-uw in
a while that your no longer qualified to make claims about it?  Or
perhaps
you never had it setup properly?  Or perhaps your hardware was slow?

Nothing is wrong with Postfix / Courier-IMAP but nothing is wrong either
with sendmail / uw-imap.

Ted

>>> SENDMAIL_LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib
>>> SENDMAIL_LDADD=-lsasl2
>>> # Adding to enable alternate port (smtps) for sendmail...
>>> SENDMAIL_CFLAGS+= -D_FFR_SMTP_SSL
>>>
>>> I followed the instructions I found at
>>> http://www.bsdconspiracy.net/howto/sendmail.html, and had no
>>> problems with
>>> the install except for Sendmail.  After recompiling sendmail,
>>> I added the
>>> following lines to the mail.server.mc file:
>>>
>>> define(`confAUTH_MECHANISMS',`PLAIN LOGIN')dnl
>>> TRUST_AUTH_MECH(`PLAIN LOGIN')dnl
>>> define(`CERT_DIR', `/etc/mail/certs')dnl
>>> define(`confCACERT_PATH', `CERT_DIR')dnl
>>> define(`confCACERT', `CERT_DIR/mycert.pem')dnl
>>> define(`confSERVER_CERT', `CERT_DIR/mycert.pem')dnl
>>> define(`confSERVER_KEY', `CERT_DIR/mykey.pem')dnl
>>> define(`confCLIENT_CERT', `CERT_DIR/mycert.pem')dnl
>>> define(`confCLIENT_KEY', `CERT_DIR/mykey.pem')dnl