SMP ATA woes on 6.0-RELEASE

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Mon Feb 13 22:31:28 PST 2006

Steve,

You need to search the bug database to see if this is reported, and if
not then use send-pr to file the bug.  This is documented in the handbook
for FreeBSD.  And you should know also that a dmesg output is probably
the
minimum needed for anyone that knows anything to even bother looking
at your problem.  Much better would be supplying things like the BIOS
revision on the motherboard, what the CMOS settings are, etc.

Once all that is done then it is acceptable to post a message in this
forum, referring to the assigned PR number, and asking if anyone else
has seen the problem.

Ted

PS  Dell Computers is not known to be particularly friendly to FreeBSD
or Linux for that matter.  They would not be my first choice for a
FreeBSD
server.