Wine Question

Porpoise Power porpoisepower at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 19:52:07 PST 2006

Hey all,
I'm attempting to run Wine .97 on a FreeBSD 5.4 machine.

It has problems because it wants to load heap to I thinx 0x80000000 or
something.
This seams to be a fairly well none bug caused by FreeBSD's nmap
implementation.

I've downloaded a couple different patches, but haven't installed them
yet, for two reasons.

1. I don't know whether they work or not and I also am worried they may
break something else.  I haven't seen any
   documentation on how well they work, the documentation looked pretty
sketchy.

2.  I've no idea how to install a patch manually, I've always used cvsup
for my updates.

Anyways I was wondering if anyone can help me either,

I.  By sharing their experiences with these patches I'll list details on
them below.

II. Point me to a good tutorial on using these patch files.  It's
probably something very similar to OpenBSD's which I
    haven't played with in 2 years.

III.  Reveal that upcoming release will have a fixed nmap implemetation.

thanks for the help.

Jimi