/compat/linux undefined reference GLIBC

Gareth Reeves gareth.reeves at widespreadsolutions.com
Mon Feb 13 19:35:13 PST 2006

Hi

I am having some problems compiling and linking a very simple program
that I wrote that uses some 3rd party libraries. They are written to
run on Linux and are ELF.

My understanding of all the things going on here is limited and I
apologize for that now.

The libraries execute fine but I am having problems building against
them.

I get a bunch of the following errors

/opt/ito33/lib/libitoihg.so: undefined reference to `getenv at GLIBC_2.0'
/opt/ito33/lib/libitoihg.so: undefined reference to `strcpy at GLIBC_2.0'
/opt/ito33/lib/libitoihg.so: undefined reference to `free at GLIBC_2.0'
/opt/ito33/lib/libitoihg.so: undefined reference to
`pthread_cond_signal at GLIBC_2.3.2'

My compile and link contains the -L/compat/linux/lib. This contains
all of the libraries from adding the linux_base port.

I dont know where to even start trying to figure out which files the
GLIBC references should be in.

Any help or guidance is much appreciated.

Thanks

GarethHi

[...]

Gareth Reeves
widespread solutions