horde on freebsd6
kdk at daleco.biz
Mon Feb 13 16:12:49 PST 2006
> I've got php4 and apache installed on freebsd6 with
> several php4 extensions. Now i want to install horde and
> imp to test them out while atempting to decide if horde
> would be suitable as a webmail solution. I try the install
> via ports, but pear always stops saying the port requires
> the cli or cgi version of php, but i have a conflicting port
> installed. I've already got php4 installed, does anyone
> have a workaround for this?
IANAE, but here are some ideas:
1. show us the error.
2. set "FORCE_PKG_REGISTER" and try again.
3. uninstall the "conflicting port" and try again.
4. show us the error.
5. use PHP5, particularly lang/php5, which installs a CLI
by default as well as the apache.so
6. format your hard drive and start over ... no, wait; that's
not the FreeBSD Way(TM).
7. do some magic with configure statements.
8. show us the error?
Familiarity breeds attempt.
More information about the freebsd-questions