Sendmail - IMAP-UW - Cyrus-SASL2 - SMTPAUTH problems

Joe Auty joe at netmusician.org
Mon Feb 13 13:52:34 PST 2006

Hey Greg,

Sorry if this completely throws a monkey wrench into your plans, but
I feel inspired to interject since I once had a nearly identical
setup as you...

I switched to Postfix and Courier-IMAP since I found that performance
of large mailboxes in IMAP-UW was pretty poor, especially over web-
based email where messages are not cached. I switched to Postfix
because it is so much more simple and straight forward than Sendmail.
You should have no problems switching to Postfix, since it is
basically Sendmail with a nicer wrapper/configuration.

Just food for thought.