need help with pcmcia wireless network card

Fabian Keil freebsd-listen at fabiankeil.de
Mon Feb 13 03:49:12 PST 2006

Teemu Korhonen <teemu.korhonen at mbnet.fi> wrote:

> I have a laptop with freebsd-6.0 and I've got everything working
> except my Buffalo WLI-CB-G54S wireless network card.
> When I insert the card I get following message "cardbus0: <network>
> at device 0.0 (no driver attached)"
>
> I found two pages that seems to be instructions to get the card
> working:
>
> http://geocities.yahoo.co.jp/gl/stealth_daemon/view?.date=20050623&.utc=1133948970
>
> http://geocities.yahoo.co.jp/gl/stealth_daemon/view?.date=20051207&.utc=1133982628
>
> as they are japan, I can't get but the main idea.
>
> So far the ndisgen doesn't work it fails to build the .ko file, but
> I've had better luck with ndiscvt which made and if_ndis.ko

You don't have to build if_ndis.ko and ndis.ko manually,
they should already be present in /boot/kernel.

If ndisgen "doesn't work" you usually get an error message.
Without knowing the error message and how you got it,
it's hard to tell what's wrong.

Try running ndisgen /path/to/INF /path/to/SYS
an press return a few times. Afterwards you should
either have the kernel module containing the firmware,
or a reason why the build failed.

Fabian
--
http://www.fabiankeil.de/