SATA Raid

Derek Ragona derek at computinginnovations.com
Sat Feb 11 05:40:53 PST 2006

Be wary of any of the cheaper SATA RAID using si chips, there have been
many problems noted you will find searching this list and the list for current.

I had a lot of problems with an adaptec card that used one of those chips.

Most of the cheaper cards just employ software raid, which is usually fine
unless you need higher performance.

Soren is the one to answer on what works well beyond the hardware list.

Hope this helps.

         -Derek