FreeBSD 6 on DVD

Duane Whitty duane at greenmeadow.ca
Fri Feb 10 05:55:23 PST 2006

Chris wrote:
> Anyone have a mirror that supports at least a torrent for 6.0 on DVD?
> I hate the ISO's with all that damned swithing of the CD's.
>
> Better yet, doe anyone know the layout used to create the DVD?

Hi,

I haven't yet tried this myself but nevertheless
thought you might find it interesting.  The
following article(s) seem to detail how one would
go about laying out an installation disk set.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/releng/release-build.html
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/releng-packages/article.html

It's probably not as straight forward as it sounds
but I'm going to give a try for making a dvd for
an x86 system.  I'll post to the list re this
subject heading with my progress.

Hope this helps,

--Duane Whitty