Acoustic management for ATA Harddisks?

Alex Zbyslaw xfb52 at dial.pipex.com
Fri Feb 10 03:42:50 PST 2006

Ewald Jenisch wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Is there a way to turn on acoustic management for ATA harddisks?

Hitachi Feature Tool comes as a bootable floppy as has done this for
every hard disk I've owned (which is only a handful, but includes,
Hitachi, Samsung, IBM and Maxtor).  Google will find it for you.

There have also been posts this week about a bootable CD which contains
every useful tool under the sun (and a few useless ones, no doubt) which
I think contained this, as well as various other manufacturers' disk
tools: http://ubcd.sourceforge.net/

--Alex