is upgrading from 4.x to 6.x possible?

Dinesh Nair dinesh at alphaque.com
Fri Feb 10 00:25:20 PST 2006

On 02/09/06 06:05 Erik Trulsson said the following:
> The other option available is of course to make a backup of all data and
> config files, make a new clean install of 6.x, and then restore files from
> backup.

which is exactly what i did and something i'd recommend for all 4.x to 6.x
direct upgrades. there's been a lot of changes in freebsd since 4.x and a
clean reinstall of 6.x will ensure that this gets to you with the least
amount of problems.

dinesh at alphaque.com                (0 0)    http://www.alphaque.com/