installation of FreeBSD 6.0

Alex de Kruijff freebsd at akruijff.dds.nl
Thu Feb 9 23:21:57 PST 2006

On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 09:34:25PM +0000, gs_stoller at juno.com wrote:
> 	I have tried several ways to install  FreeBSD version 6.0  and
> 	all bomb the same way.
> What happens is that I first get a message ?Building the boot loader
> arguments? on one line, and shortly afterwards the message ?Relocating
> the loader and the BTX? on another line.  After a delay of about 11
> minutes, a third line appears containing the message ?Starting the BTX
> loader?.  I let the system run for about an hour and a half but no
> more messages appeared, nor did the computer indicate that the
> installation had completed.
> 	The only thing in my machine that I think could be ?not working?
> 	with the installation program is my  BIOS .  Here is all the
> 	information I have about my   BIOS  .  It names itself as
> 	?Energy Star Ally? written by Award Software Inc. and that it is
> 	an ?Award Modular BIOS? with ?Award Plug & Play BIOS extension
> 	v1.0A?.  Its ID is v4.6OPGMA  (the character between the "6" &
> 	the "P" is a vertical ellipse with a dot at its center, it is
> 	either  zero  or  oh ).

How did you install it? (Two floppy disks / CD)
Did you get to the install screen? (sysinstall)

--
Alex

Please copy the original recipients, otherwise I may not read your reply.

Howto's based on my ppersonal use, including information about
setting up a firewall and creating traffic graphs with MRTG
http://www.kruijff.org/alex/FreeBSD/