Replacing cron with mcron

Doug Poland wisco.disco at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 05:18:41 PST 2006

On 2/9/06, Iantcho Vassilev <ianchov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone tried this?
> I even think of proposing this to the base system - cron is such an old
> idea..

But old ideas are not necessarily bad ideas... I've implemented mcron
on two hosts that needed to have custom cron jobs replicated.  I
didn't need any of the power of mcron, just didn't want to mess around
with moving cron's files back and forth.

I personally like mcron where it is, as a port.  If I need basic
scheduling, the base system's cron is fine.  If i need something more
powerful, I research it, install and configure it.

--
Regards,
Doug