Large imap server.

Albert Shih shih at math.jussieu.fr
Wed Feb 8 12:13:28 PST 2006

 Le 07/02/2006 à 16:26:42-0800, Bill Campbell a écrit
> On Tue, Feb 07, 2006, Albert Shih wrote:
> >Hi all
> >
> >I search some advice for large imap server.
> >
> >For me large is : 1000 users with 1 Go mails for each users. And every
> >users check by imap/pop those mail every 2 or 3 minutes.
> >
> >What's the «best» imap server ? Cyrus Imap or Courier-Imap ? (please this
> >is not a troll).
>
> I prefer Courier-imap because it uses Maildir storage while Cyrus
> uses something similar in that it stores each message in a file,
> but Cyrus also maintains index files which can get corrupted.

Yes this is I known, but many «voice» tel me the Cyrus imap is for very
huge. But I don't known what's mean «very huge»...

> We have several systems running courier-imap with 6000+ mailboxes
> on a single server without problems.

And how many mail have every mailboxes ?

Whith courier-imap when the user check this mail every 1-2 minutes anyone
known if the courier-imap daemon check only on

	Maildir/new

or the daemon check also every

	Maildir/mailbox1/new
	Maildir/mailbox2/new