Conflict? :smbfs built in support and mount_smbfs

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Mon Feb 6 19:32:28 PST 2006

Hi,
I had my kernel built with the following options
options         NETSMB                  #SMB/CIFS requester
options         NETSMBCRYPTO            #encrypted password support for SMB

which I understand adds the support for smbfs into the kernel itself.

BUT when using either mount -t smbfs or mount_smfs , I would get:
[SOMETHING ELSE HERE, $0 possibly] can't load smbfs: File exists
(aprox error ), implying that it was trying to load the smbfs.ko ... but
conflicting with the code built into the kernel?

The worse part is that the mount command would fail.

I commented out those 2 options *only* and everything works fine again.

What gives?

Beto