Trouble running FlightGear

edward kouye at wanadoo.fr
Mon Feb 6 13:32:10 PST 2006

Hi all,
I just installed FlightGear-0.9.9, edited /boot/loader.conf to adjust
default and max data size limit to 1 GB.
When I launch the program by typing fgfs, I get a startup screen then
the following and the program quits :
# fgfs
opening file: /usr/X11R6/share/FlightGear/Navaids/carrier_nav.dat
/usr/X11R6/share/FlightGear/Navaids/TACAN_freq.dat
X Error of failed request:  BadLength (poly request too large or
internal Xlib length error)
   Major opcode of failed request:  144 (GLX)
   Minor opcode of failed request:  29 ()
   Serial number of failed request:  825
freeglut (fgfs): Failed to create cursor

Any idea what's going wrong ?
Thanks all,
Edward