how do I create partitions?

fbsd_user fbsd_user at a1poweruser.com
Sun Feb 5 13:15:16 PST 2006

This is a windows question.
You say nothing about putting FreeBSD on the pc.
Windows has it's own fdisk program.
Create a bootable windows floppy and copy fdisk and format programs
to the floppy.
Boot from the floppy and run  fdisk /mbr to rewrite the mbr record.
or just use the fdisk pgm to allocate your partitions and then
format
then, doing this will recreate the mbr record also.
One very inportant note. Doing this will shit can you windows system
on the hard drive and you will have to do a reinstall or a stand
alone dos restore of your ghost backup if you have that software
product.

The windows install cd has as its first option to run fdisk to
partition your hard drive.