Attention: Garrett Cooper (Was: SSH with Public Key Authentication)

david bryce davidbryce at fastmail.fm
Thu Feb 2 19:42:41 PST 2006

On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 05:31:48 +0200, "Giorgos Keramidas"
<keramida at ceid.upatras.gr> said:

> > Is there any way of replying to a message from the list without
> > subscribing to the list? If the poster cc'ed me when he sent the
> > message to the list, I know I can just reply to that and cc the
> > list, and the freebsd archive web page knows automatically to
> > attach my message to the thread. But what if the poster didn't
> > cc my email? Or if I just want to reply to a message that wasn't
> > sent to me?
>
> All the mailers have a "reply to all" or "group reply" feature.
>
> Just use that by default, and limit "reply" (to the author only) for

Thanks, Giorgos. I think I didn't explain myself clearly in my question.
To rephrase: If I am not subscribed to the mailing list, is there a
way I can reply to a message from the list (and have it attached to the
correct thread)?

Also, supposing I just subscribed to the mailing list today: is there
a way I can reply to a message that appeared on the list last month
(that
I saw in the web based archive)? I.e a message that was sent to the
list before I subscribed to the list.

Thanks!

Regards,

DB