Getting a new server

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Thu Feb 2 01:37:37 PST 2006

I just did up one of these recently, the customer used an Intel desktop
motherboard with the onboard sata raid chip.  The system works fine,
handles
200 corporate users, runs imap, horde/imp, ldap, sendmail, and dspam.

I would suggest you not use spamassassin.  If you must use content
filtering use dspam, as it can be set to allow users to easily feed
the learner.  spamassassin cannot.  But, seriously think about chucking
all that and just run greylist-milter.  It's in the ports I believe
but if not it's easy to compile and install.  And it is 100 times more
effective than spamassassin, content filtering, subject line filtering,
you name it, I've tried it.

There's a few IP numbers and mailservers that need to be defined
in the exclusion list for greylist milter that aren't in the stock
exclusion list, but other than that, it is the best antispam tool I've
used in years.

Ted