marked as broken

Bob Ababurko bob at phreakout.net
Wed Feb 1 16:50:49 PST 2006

I am running 5.4 release and have come across a port that has been
marked as broken.  The port is  pear-Archive_Tar-1.3.1 and I am
wondering what I can do to get past this short of updating my  whole
ports tree....which I am afraid of doing since this is a production
machine....and because I dont have much experience doing it either.

===>  pear-Archive_Tar-1.3.1 is marked as broken: Incomplete pkg-plist.

When I try to install the package, it seems that the dependencies within
the package are looking for a version of Apache that is off by an
update...1.3.33 vs 1.3.34!

Not sure what would be the best way to handle this....my brain is a mess
today and im looking for the easiest method of getting this done...of
which I am not choosing the correct ways today, so any help would be
appreciated.

thanks,
Bob