Perl error with Spam Assassin?

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Sat Dec 30 01:54:20 PST 2006

SA is a black box to troubleshoot, so many interrelated stuff.
portupgrading
isn't wise on a SA server.  When I deploy SA I build the initial server from
ports as well as SA, from that point on, all SA upgrades are manual.  Once
the rest of the code on the server gets too old for production, the server
is
cycled out and replaced with a new one that's a new initial build.

I realize this won't probably help you to solve the problem but may help you
avoid it in the future.

In your case since you undoubtedly don't want to take the server down to
the bear metal, all I can recommend is make deinstall SA and all dependent
programs, including
all perl modules as well as perl itself.  Then cvsup ports, and make install
SA  Good luck with it.

Ted