linux compatability question

Jim Stapleton stapleton.41 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 11:31:57 PST 2006

I'm not sure what to do at this point, I'm trying to run a linux app
(binary) that requires libGLU.so.1, and it's an x86 binary.

When I first ran it, it complained that the file libGLU.so.1 could not
be found (it was in my /usr/X11R6/lib directory. I made a simlink with
that name to that file to /compat/linux/usr/X11R6/lib and now get this
error:

./partiview: error while loading shared libraries: /lib/libGLU.so.1:
ELF file OS ABI invalid

This is on an i950 based notebook (integrated intel graphics), using
the i810 and vga drivers in X. FreeBSD 6.1,  X is either 6.8 or 6.9

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
-Jim Stpleton