not everything coming up on a reboot

Beech Rintoul beech at alaskaparadise.com
Sat Dec 23 14:24:19 PST 2006

On Saturday 23 December 2006 12:36, Michael P. Soulier wrote:
> On 12/23/06, Beech Rintoul <beech at alaskaparadise.com> wrote:
> > Do you have ppp-user_enable="yes" in your /etc/rc.conf?
>
> No, and looking at ppp-user, I don't see why I'd need one. I have
> ppp_enable="YES".
>

> # PROVIDE: ppp-user
> # REQUIRE: netif isdnd
> # KEYWORD: nojail
>
> . /etc/rc.subr
>
> name="ppp"
> rcvar="ppp_enable"
> start_cmd="ppp_start"
> stop_cmd=":"
>
> Now, I do notice that the stock script comes with a REQUIRE isdnd as
> well as netif. As I'm not running isdn, would that stop rc from
> bringing the script up, or are REQUIREs OR'd and not AND'd?
>
> Mike

I forgot to mention, as a workaround if you can't get the rc.d script working
you can start it from cron. Just replace the time/day/month variables
with "@reboot" and the path to the exicutable. I use it for a couple of
things that don't have start scripts. See man(5) crontab for examples.

Beech

Beech Rintoul - Sys. Administrator - beech at alaskaparadise.com
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Alaska Paradise Travel
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | 201 East 9Th Avenue Ste.310
/ \  - Please visit Alaska Paradise - http://www.alaskaparadise.com