Printing.

Greg Groth ggroth at gregs-garage.com
Tue Dec 19 14:02:37 PST 2006

Is there any consensus on which method I should use to enable printing
on my 6.1 desktop?  The printer in question is an old HP Deskjet 500.  I
recall there being issues regarding cups in the not too distant past,
and am wondering if I should look at something else.  I'm running KDE
(and sometimes Gnome), and looking to be able to print from Firefox,
opera-linux, bluefish & openoffice.  I would also like to set it up to
be able to be a network share via Samba. Any advice would be greatly
appreciated.

Best regards,
Greg Groth