openssh security issues

Eric heli at mikestammer.com
Mon Dec 18 19:44:32 PST 2006

Michael P. Soulier wrote:
> On 17/12/06 Eric said:
>

>> why not install the portable version? its much newer than the one you have.
>>

> I don't know what you mean by the portable version.
>
> Can I assume that the answer to my original question then, is no?
>
> Mike

i dont recall the original question! =)

openssh-portable is what i am speaking of.

the port is at /usr/ports/security/openssh-portable

current version is at 4.5 whereas yours was 1-2 major versions behind that.

check it out. once its installed, add this to /etc/rc.conf

sshd_enable="NO"
openssh_enable="YES"

that way the built in ssh doesnt run but openssh does. works wunderbar!

http://cvsweb.freebsd.org/ports/security/openssh-portable

Eric