wireless 3945 status?

Abdullah Al-Marrie almarrie at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 10:54:38 PST 2006

On 12/18/06, gb <burk at sumail.ru> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This would really interest me as well. I was forced to put linux on the
> laptop for the time being so that I could use the wireless. Even with
> that I had a small struggle. Is this Microsoft doing a old boys network
> with the hardware vendors, or is it just that the hardware vendors are
> too lazy to support open source? On another machine I had to fight with
> the bloody ATI video card. Does not seem fair, I am sure that there are
> more and more Freebsd and linux desktop users out there, why can't the
> vendors just give us a choice.
>
> cheers

This would be really big improvement for the FreeBSD mobile users,
since most laptops with Intel Centrino Duo, and Duo 2 as well.

I didn't see any new Centrino laptop comes with Intel 2200BG anymore,
most of them come with Intel Wlan 3945.

Atheros isn't widely deployed in laptops come with Duo and Duo 2.

Now I see laptops with AMD cpus come with broadcom chips, not Atheros too.

If you look to USB Wlan too, few ones use Atheros too.

So FreeBSD guys, are you coming to laptops world since it takes over
in home instead of desktop pcs?

I wish you do so before it's too late.

PS: Where are you Scott Long?
http://news.com.com/2100-1011_3-6071598.html