[kde-freebsd] gamin/fam issues with KDE

Bastiaan Welmers bastiaan at welmers.net
Sun Dec 17 02:36:30 PST 2006

On Fri, Dec 15, 2006 at 12:35:05PM +0100, dick hoogendijk wrote:
> On 14 Dec Bastiaan Welmers wrote:
>
> > One nasty thing is that when afterwards installing a package
> > requiring
> > gamin, it will fail with errors. To prevent this you could just
> > "fake"
> > the pkg db that gamin is installed however actually fam libraries
> > are
> > installed.
>
> And how exactly is this "faking" done? I'm no fan of gamin too and if

Just replace the gamin libraries by the fam ones, for example by
manually
extracting the libraries from the tarball and place them in
/usr/local/lib without actually updating the package database.
It should work fine with KDE, openoffice, I don't know it works well
with programs like courier...

> possible I compiled my programs for fam. But this sounds nice ;-)

If you want to recompile all stuff just put WITH_FAM_SYSTEM=fam in
/etc/make.conf and rebuild all packages using gamin. You have to rebuild
all ports because fam and gamin can't be installed together.

/Bastiaan