Best supported mini-PCI wifi

Nathan Vidican nathan at vidican.com
Fri Dec 15 05:49:28 PST 2006

My laptop has the wonderfully under-supported Broadcom wifi card in it.
While it does work now with ndiswrapper and a few needed patches; it
still doesn't work very well, to say nothing of natively.

So, what does work? I've checked out the hardware notes for 6.1-R, but
to no avail really... I'm looking at an Intel 2915 wireless a/b/g
mini-PCI card, as Intel has always been great with supporting FreeBSD
and therefore I'd much rather send my business to them... but I know
very little about this card and don't know which (if any) driver
supports it? Does anyone out there have this card, or another mini-PCI,
(preferably not based on a broadcom chip ), that they could recommend?

If driver's are in the making for the Intel mini-PCI card, I'd be happy
to help test as well. Currently running 6.2-RC1/amd64 with some
patchwork done to the ndiswrapper kernel module to make it work with
newer Broadcom windows drivers.

--
Nathan Vidican
nvidican at wmptl.com