system bootup console setup

J. W. Ballantine jwb at homer.att.com
Fri Dec 15 04:56:48 PST 2006

Pieter,

Thanks for the response, but I may have asked the wrong question.

I have two systems running 6-STABLE, one on a desktop pc and one
on a laptop.  Both have saver="logo" in rc.conf, but the laptop
fails to load it:
 logo_saver: the console does not support M_VGA_CG320
 Module_register_init: MOD_LOAD (logo_saver, 0xc266aac8, 0) error 19

I thought the problem was that the laptop console was not correctly
set-up, is should support the logo, but /etc/rc.conf, /etc/defaults/rc.conf
(System Consoles), and /etc/ttys (ttyv*) are all identical.

So was I wrong with my thought, or is there somewhere else I should be looking?

Jim