Externally connecting to databases?

john Mish III jmanfffreak at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 14 13:58:42 PST 2006

I have mysqld installed (4.1) on my FreeBSD 6.1 box. I need a totally
different box to connect to those databases through PHP scripts. I've
already tried editing hosts.allow in the /etc/ folder, but no effect. Does
FreeBSD need to be restarted after these changes are done, or just inetd,
cause I've tried inetd forcerestart, but it does nothing. When I run my PHP
script, it waits a couple seconds, then shows a completly blank page.