[kde-freebsd] gamin/fam issues with KDE

Bartosz Fabianowski freebsd at chillt.de
Wed Dec 13 16:11:38 PST 2006

Just a quick "me too". I have been seeing the exact same behavior ever
since gamin was shoved down our throats as a better replacement for fam.
But since nobody else complained, I figured it was just my system.
Whatever gamin is doing, it is not showing up in lsof, but the file
system is still busy. I did try tweaking my ~/.gaminrc to switch to
polling for the mount points in question, but this didn't help. Oddly
enough, sometimes, maybe one time out of ten, gamin will not exhibit
this strange behavior. It will just let me unmount without any problems.

- Bartosz