mpg123 with shoutcast radio

Mark Kane mark at mkproductions.org
Wed Dec 13 11:59:04 PST 2006

On Wed, Dec 13, 2006, at 12:19:48 +0100, Olivier Regnier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> mpg123 is a relatively simple program but doesn't work with .pls file.
>
> I used this command:
>
> % mpg123 -@
> "http://www.shoutcast.com/sbin/shoutcast-playlist.pls?rn=5761&file=filename.pls"
>
> but i have this message:
>
> > HTTP request failed: 404 Not Found
>
> My pf firewall and proxy are disabled but anytime, i have the same
> thing. Estrange no ?
>
> Can you help me please ?

Hi.

mpg123 doesn't support pls files by itself. I have attached a real
simple script that can help make this easier. Just chmod +x it, and
then do:

./mpg123_pls.sh "http://your.url.com/file.pls"

It would probably be good to make a shell alias to the script for easier
usage.

-Mark

--
Internet Radio:
Party107 (Trance/Electronic) - http://www.party107.com

IRC:
MIXXnet IRC Network - irc.mixxnet.net (Nick: MIXX941)