where is the full compile option for sendmail?

Chad Gross avatar4d at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 05:16:33 PST 2006

On 12/13/06, meilin <meilinxiaoxue at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi  all:
>
> The original sendmail's compile option is configured by
> m4,the one distribute with FreeBSD has tripped out some files and can not
> configure as the usual way,I have man make.conf,however, just find
> several items for sendmail and a few instructions.
>
> I want to know how to fully control the compile option while just do
> not install sendmail from a original source package?
>
> thx very much
>
> --
>

> meilin
> mailto:meilinxiaoxue at gmail.com

If you want to eliminate sendmail from base when you recompile the system
you will add the following to /etc/make.conf:

*NO_SENDMAIL= true*

Sendmail and all related programs should no longer be on the system after a
rebuild. This is take directly from the manpage:

 *NO_SENDMAIL*   (*bool*) Set to not build sendmail(8)
<http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/cgi/web-man?command=sendmail&section=8>
and related programs.

Chad