List Protocol (was: Major Version Upgrade 4.11 to 5.x)

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at FreeBSD.org
Tue Dec 12 18:01:42 PST 2006

On Tuesday, 12 December 2006 at 16:49:39 -0800, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> Until then STFU you ungrateful bastards.  All you once were dumb
> newbies who didn't know FreeBSD from free beer, and I'll bet more
> than a few of you sent e-mail to questions, thinking it was an
> actual person who gave a damn.  Boy were you surprised!

Ted, there are other aspects of the list protocol.  One has to do with
message format.  You seem to have great difficulty with this one,
requiring other people to manually reformat, and often to guess what
you're talking about.

Another has to do with politeness.  You seem to abuse this one again
and again; it's one of the reasons why I seldom read this mailing list
any more.  You've probably driven off a number of people who would be
able to give *helpful* answers.  Please stop.

Greg