Is it safe to `make buildworld' while using ccache?

Zhongtao Zhu zhongtao at tsinghua.edu.cn
Mon Dec 11 07:42:39 PST 2006

Dear list,

I just got the 6.1-release stable src-tree merrily cvsup-ed, but it's
weird the job of `make buildworld' stopped with some "missing error"
related to the 'kvm'. (Forgive me, I can only offer this brief right
now.)

I've settled this problem with disabling the 'ccache' by purging its
configuration lines from '/etc/make.conf' and afterwards everything is
fixed. I wonder if somebody else also encountered with this frustrated
combination.

Regards,
--
Zhongtao Zhu                                    Tel: 86 10 62796829
Department of Computer Science, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China