X server remote login

Tony Shadwick tshadwick at oss-solutions.com
Sat Dec 9 16:31:46 PST 2006

I have to apologize, as I've never had x11 start automatically for me
anyplace.  That said, you need to understand that the server/client
relationship for X11 is backwards to what you might expect.  The
display, keyboard, and mouse are at the x-server side, and the machine
you connect to is the X-client.

On the xserver, if you want it to happen automatically, you would put
startx in your .login file.  So if you wanted that flag passed, you
would place startx -listen_tcp in your .login file.

On the client side, you're running an x-client, I presume that gets
started from /etc/rc.conf.  There's probably something like
xorg_enable="YES", and xorg_flags="blah", and you would put it in your
xorg_flags statement.