strange locale issue

dick hoogendijk dick at nagual.nl
Sat Dec 9 07:38:21 PST 2006

# login.conf
#
me:\
:charset=iso-8859-1:\
:lang=en_US.ISO8859-1:
# :lang=nl_NL.ISO8859-1:

I've a strange issue. My wife runs with lang=nl_NL.ISO8859-1 and she
experiences weird dropouts when she types text into Abiword.

I upgraded to the latest ports but the issue was still there. Then I
thought: what's different in my login and hers. Two things: I use fvwm2
and she uses KDE and het login_conf differs.

So I changed her :lang=xxx" setting to en_US and Abiword reacts OK.

Does anybody have any clue on what can be the cause of this?
My wife likes the Dutch menu's and so on ;-)

--
http://nagual.nl/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 6.1 ++ Solaris 10 6/06 ++