umass external usb floppy devices

Old Ranger Ranger at oldpathsbaptistchurch.org
Tue Dec 5 06:51:37 PST 2006

Greetings to all this morning,
After several days of trying, reading, tweaking, and cursing......
I read up on supported umass usb devices supported by FreeBSD 6.1.
The only umass usb external floppy drive I see in that list is a
"Panasonic" external floppy.
I have a TEAC FD-05PUB USB device.

I can mount this device using mount_msdosfs /dev/da0 /mnt  no problem.

I can cd to this device, and ls and read the contents thereof.

However, whenever I try to write to this device, I get "device busy",
among other messages which I cannot reproduce at the moment, because
this is a dual boot machine and I'm on the "other" side of the HDD now.

Does anyone know if there is a tweak, or a hack to get around this write
problem with TEAC umass usb floppy drives?

Thanks in advance.
--

Rev. Z. Wade Hampton

Ranger at oldpathsbaptistchurch.org

"Dedicated to those Rangers who laid down their lives;

  so that lesser men could be free to cry "peace", when

  there was none."  Author unknown