Corrupted C Compiler

Josh Paetzel josh at tcbug.org
Tue Dec 5 05:38:32 PST 2006

On Tuesday 05 December 2006 05:38, Rachel Florentine wrote:
> 81----- Original Message ----
> From: Jan Grant <jan.grant at bristol.ac.uk>
>
> >When you have a chance, it'd be nice to get a detailed error
> > report (including the command you were running to clean up the
> > libraries).
>
> I get this error when I try to runzope:
>
> ImportError: No module named cPersistence
>
> I yahoo'd this page:
>
> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/zope-List/1985451
>
> which told me about the problem with my corrupted files (c
> extensions) and said I needed to recompile them with this command:
>
> python setup.py build_ext -if
>
> which takes care of that problem. What is interesting is that I do
> not have this problem if I compile from port! Now, all I'm doing is
> the configure-make-make install-make instance dance, which is a
> no-brainer. TIA,
> Rachel

That rebuilds the python C library interface stuff I believe, but
doesn't have anything at all to do with the system C compiler.  There
is nothing wrong with your system C compiler.

If you look at the Zope port there are a bunch of FreeBSD-specific
patches and some additional magic is performed after the build that
would also be FreeBSD-centric.  I suspect your problems perhaps stem
from the fact that installing Zope by hand doesn't give you these
patches.

--
Thanks,

Josh Paetzel