Duo core enable/support help.

Marwan Sultan dead_line at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 5 04:14:41 PST 2006

Hello Lane!

   I'm a frequent reader to /usr/src/UPDATING
   But whenever I need to update or upgrade only, since years!

   Also I knew very well whats KERNCONF! i just wanted to know and make sure
of the duo core
   options, and i searched the NOTES file, didnot find anything about it.

   Thank you for your "short" problematic answer :)

   by the way, After recompiling the kernel and From my dmesg
--------------------
ACPI APIC Table: <INTEL  D11020M >
FreeBSD/SMP: Multiprocessor System Detected: 2 CPUs
cpu0 (BSP): APIC ID:  0
cpu1 (AP): APIC ID:  1
ioapic0: Changing APIC ID to 4
SMP: AP CPU #1 Launched!
---------------------

But I still have few dmesg errors, these are the lines,

acpi0: <INTEL D11020M> on motherboard
acpi0: Overriding SCI Interrupt from IRQ 9 to IRQ 21
acpi0: Power Button (fixed)
acpi_bus_number: can't get _ADR
acpi_bus_number: can't get _ADR
acpi_bus_number: can't get _ADR
acpi_bus_number: can't get _ADR
unknown: I/O range not supported
Timecounter "ACPI-fast" frequency 3579545 Hz quality 1000
acpi_timer0: <32-bit timer at 3.579545MHz> port 0x408-0x40b on acpi0
cpu0: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
acpi_perf0: <ACPI CPU Frequency Control> on cpu0
acpi_perf0: failed in PERF_STATUS attach
device_attach: acpi_perf0 attach returned 6
acpi_perf0: <ACPI CPU Frequency Control> on cpu0
acpi_perf0: failed in PERF_STATUS attach
device_attach: acpi_perf0 attach returned 6
acpi_throttle0: <ACPI CPU Throttling> on cpu0
cpu1: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
acpi_perf1: <ACPI CPU Frequency Control> on cpu1
acpi_perf1: failed in PERF_STATUS attach
device_attach: acpi_perf1 attach returned 6
acpi_perf1: <ACPI CPU Frequency Control> on cpu1
acpi_perf1: failed in PERF_STATUS attach
device_attach: acpi_perf1 attach returned 6
acpi_throttle1: <ACPI CPU Throttling> on cpu1
acpi_throttle1: failed to attach P_CNT
device_attach: acpi_throttle1 attach returned 6
acpi_button0: <Power Button> on acpi0

and
usb2: waiting for BIOS to give up control
usb2: timed out waiting for BIOS
usb2: EHCI version 1.0
usb2: companion controllers, 4 ports each: usb0 usb1
usb2: <ATI SB400 USB 2.0 controller> on ehci0
usb2: USB revision 2.0

Any easy problematic ideas? :)
Thank you

---Marwan