How do I turn off thed grid marking by-default?

ajm ajm91qw at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 2 21:13:36 PST 2006

On Sat, Dec 02, 2006 at 03:54:20PM -0800, Gary Kline wrote:
> 	Guys,
>
> 	Sorry to ask this here, but I've spent hours playing around with
> 	The GIMP and googling for instructions.... to no avail.  Whenever
> 	I ring up any jpg image, by default, I turned on a grid of "+"
> 	marks.  Can somebody *please* tell me how to get rid of this
> 	grid?
>
> 	thanks in advance,
> 	gary
>

> --
> Gary Kline
> kline at ethos.thought.org
> www.thought.org
> Thought Unlimited

Open the image, then left-click-the-mouse on the image.  It opens a
menu.  Choose the   View  then click the  Show Grid.

now you could choose this for all the images you edit by:
on the gimp window where you have at the top
File  Xtns  Help

click on File
then click on Preferences
under the  Image Window  title
click on Apperance
on that window click  Grid  so that the check mark is gone.
then click on the   OK  button.

hope it help...
--
Alexander