Problem with https in konqueror - SOLVED

Mario Lobo mario.lobo at ipad.com.br
Fri Dec 1 03:40:04 PST 2006

To recap, I did a portupgrade -aRrf and one of the consequences was ssl
stopped working.

I struggled through this one to get it working again. It was hard but I
learned a very important lesson:

[ to READ UPDATING thoroughly !!! ]  <-- this can't be stressed enough

Lane sugested this:
> > rebuild and reinstall /usr/ports/x11/kdelibs3 and it should work.

It didn't. It has to be done but its not enough.

In UPDATING I came across:

  Just like KDE 3.4, KDE 3.5 does not play nice with openssl-0.9.8. In
  particular it breaks kwallet, some of the SSL handling in konqueror and
  SSL/TLS support in kmail/kontact.

  If you're using the openssl ports rather than the base-system openssl,
  make sure to use security/openssl-stable.

  You can put WITH_OPENSSL_STABLE=yes into /etc/make.conf to automatically
  make ports depend on that rather than on security/openssl.

and so I did, in the following order:

1) make & make (re)install security/openssl-stable

2) added WITH_OPENSSL_STABLE=yes into /etc/make.conf

3) make & make (re)install x11/kdelibs (so it can be re-linked with
openssl-stable)

4) make & make (re)install x11/kdebase (so it can be re-linked with
openssl-stable)

If only kdelibs is rebuild, the ciphers WILL NOT show on the security
configuration.

Everything is back to normal now.

Thanks to all that replied

--
   //| //|
  // |// |
mario.lobo at ipad.com.br
http://www.ipad.com.br
(FreeBSD since 2.2.8 - 100% Rwindows-free)