firefox starts up always in the first virtual screen in XFCE

Markus Hoenicka markus.hoenicka at mhoenicka.de
Thu Aug 31 12:30:08 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I don't know whether this qualifies as a bug. In any case it is only a mild
annoyance, but if anyone knows how to fix it, please let me know.

I upgraded to FreeBSD 6.1 from 5.4 with all ports updated to the latest about
one week ago. My desktop is XFCE, which is configured with 6 virtual screens.
If you start an X program, its window will pop up in the screen that was active
at that time. This works for all programs except for firefox. The Firefox window
will always pop up in the first virtual screen. I can then move it wherever I
desire, so that's just an inconvenience, but its a clear regression to the
behaviour before I upgraded to 6.1.

Any clues?

regards,
Markus

--
Markus Hoenicka
markus.hoenicka at cats.de
(Spam-protected email: replace the quadrupeds with "mhoenicka")
http://www.mhoenicka.de