6.1 current instabilty on Sun Ultra 40's

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Thu Aug 31 04:44:34 UTC 2006

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 00:01:07 -0400
stan <stanb at panix.com> wrote:

> On that disk is a world, built from last weekends cvsup. I was able
> to reproduce it's instability to build a generic kernel. It fails with
> a signal (I believe) 11,

fair enough :)

btw, from past experience, sig_fault 11 usually points to faulty hardware
(usually RAM...) - haven't found them much on BSD, but i'd get them all the
time when using lesser hardware on linux (building kernel was a standard way to
test the hardware back then).... but since you've ruled out hardware... i dont
know what else :)

good luck,

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

Which is worse: ignorance or apathy?