real media server (hlxserver) for freebsd amd64?

Palle Girgensohn girgen at FreeBSD.org
Wed Aug 30 09:00:07 UTC 2006

--On onsdag, augusti 30, 2006 12.40.42 +0400 georg at dts.su wrote:

>> Hi!
>
>> I need to get a Helix server (hlx server, real media server) running on
>> FreeBSD @ amd64. Anyone tried this before? Seems there are no good
>> options, really, and I have had trouble running the linux version as
>> well. Just want to know if I'm alone in needing this?
>
>> /Palle
>

> You not alone!..

Good to hear. How do we pursue this?

I need the commercial package that links with the open source stuff, or
else I cannot serve real media content, which leaves me with a useless
server (I'd rather run apple quicktime server in that case...).

So I guess we are out of luck unless we can get Real to build it for
FreeBSD, which I doubt they would care to do.

Is there any other software out there that can serve real audio files?

/Palle