NFS exports file errors

Jonathan Horne jhorne at dfwlp.org
Tue Aug 29 21:09:41 UTC 2006

> On Tue, 29 Aug 2006, Bill Moran wrote:

>> > I'm getting the following errors when trying to mount volumes via NFS
>> > between to FBSD 6.1-STABLE machines:
>> >
>> > Aug 29 14:20:41 host mountd[1587]: can't export /usr
>> > Aug 29 14:20:41 host mountd[1587]: bad exports list line /usr -ro
>> -maproot
>>
>> You have to map root to something ... i.e.
>> /usr -ro -maproot root
>
> I did, using this sytax, like I always have:
>
> / -ro -maproot=0 192.x.x.1
> /usr -ro -maproot=0 root 192.x.x.1
> /var -ro -maproot=0 root 192.x.x.1
> /home -ro -maproot=0 root 192.x.x.1
>
> where 192.x.x.1 is the IP of the only host I want to have access.  I tried
> switching to your syntax (taking out the "-0" and putting in " root" but I
> get the same results...
>
> James Smallacombe		      PlantageNet, Inc. CEO and Janitor
> up at 3.am							    http://3.am

i thought the syntax was maproot=root,  thus,

/ -ro -maproot=root 192.x.x.1
/usr -ro -maproot=root 192.x.x.1
/var -ro -maproot=root 192.x.x.1
/home -ro -maproot=root 192.x.x.1

if that doesnt work, then i would remove the -ro, out of wondering if it
could be colliding with the maproot=root.

hth,
jonathan